Wednesday, January 26, 2011

an escape to East Mediterranean

1-26-2011 Wed. cold, snow and icy rain


BREAKFAST --- coffee
LUNCH --- rice with vegetable ragu source
AFTERNOON-TEATIME
---
apple
DINNER
---Lebanese green olive and egg salad | Turkish saffron rice with clams and smoked mussels | boiled beet leaves with sesame oil dressing and toasted sesame seeds | wine




  • cooking an escape to East Mediterranean from the snowy and icy reality. lost power right after the dinner.
  • the Minimalist makes his exit today: -- I refused to buy into the notion that there was a “correct” way to prepare a given dish; rather, I tried to understand its spirit and duplicate that, no matter where I was cooking... the question was not, "Would I cook this as a native would?" but rather, "How would a native cook this if he had my ingredients, my kitchen, my background?" -- M.Bittman

Blog Archive